The 2021 Think Tank was held in November 2021 via MS Teams, to consider suggested changes to the ICC rules across all of the championships.
Minutes of the meeting are attached further down this page. Recommendations from the meeting were considered by the National Council in December and the bulk of them passed.
The headlines are:
- Under 12 championships – Removed**
- Under 16 championships – Mixed team (boy/girl) format.
- Adult Finals – Reduced to 10 teams in each division and will be played in the Baker Format.
- Senior Championships – Removal of age bonus as a one year trial, confirmed.
- County Eligibility tool produced to download from Resources on the Website. A note explaining its background and usage instructions are attached below.
- ICC rules 2022v1.1 are available to download from the Website under the resources tab
** Details of Junior championships are being considered and will be announced when this work is complete.
The Think Tank Minutes can be downloaded here.. (.pdf)
The County Eligibility information can be downloaded here.. (.pdf) and the checking tool ran from under the RESOURCES menu on the website homepage. Once downloaded run the tool to use.
Letters inviting Counties to enter the Senior ICC have already been emailed to the official BTBA county/Area Association contact email address. The invitation to the Adult event will follow.
as Head of Inter County Championships
British Tenpin Bowling Association