The BTBA are now recruiting for a Senior Team England Manager. This is a voluntary position.
The Senior Team Manager will be responsible for the preparation, management and welfare of the England squad of players while on international duty including training events and other events and tournaments. This will include:
- Arranging the format for practice games/squad training days, in conjunction with the Head of Team England Management and BTBA Coaching and undertaking team talks and debriefing sessions and monitoring performance during play.
- In conjunction with the Head of Team England Management and BTBA Coaching, ensuring squad members are aware of all the relevant arrangements appertaining to the event concerned.
- Attending any relevant meeting/briefing/function on behalf of Senior Team England as required.
- Ensuring players comply with the Code of Conduct at all times whilst on international duty any take appropriate action in respect of any disciplinary matters which may arise.
- The Team Manager will manage and co-ordinate all initial contact with the media while on international duty on behalf of the BTBA and in the absence of the Director of Sport Development.
- The Senior Team England Manager will liaise with other appointed International Managers as appropriate.
- Within three weeks of the completion of international events/training the team manager will produce and submit a written report to the Head of Team England Management and Director of Sport Development.
- The team manager will be responsible for any changes in team formation/selection during international events and will liaise with the team coach regarding any such changes/selections.
- The team manager will lead discussions during the selection process and will act as a facilitator; however final selections will be made by the agreed process
- Appointing a Team Captain when appropriate.
- Ensuring that all players are wearing the correct uniform at all times and have appropriate uniform with them at all training/matches/international events.
Please click here to download the application form.