The BTBA has started the recruitment process for a new Director of Governance & Legal. This a 2 year voluntary appointment, beginning November 2018.
A member of the Executive Council, the Director of Governance & Legal will:
- Advise the National Council of the interpretation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Study and make recommendations to National Council re amendments to Memorandum and Articles of Association submitted by members of the Association or by Local Associations
- Institute disciplinary proceedings as directed by the National Council.
- Review and give decisions arising from disciplinary and reinstatement proceedings held by Local Association
- Deal with allegations of unfair tactics
- Ensure that the Articles of Association are reviewed regularly and amendments are put before the members in a timely fashion
- Provide a contact point for Local Associations to enquire about the interpretation of the rules
- Provides a key point of contact into external organisations like World Bowling, the European Tenpin Bowling Federation, and the USBC, and assists in the definition and implementation of rule changes.
The closing date for applications is 13th October 2018.