The BTBA has started the recruitment process for a new NAYBC Chairperson. This a 2 year voluntary appointment, beginning September 2018.
A member of the National Council, reporting to the Director of Sport Development, this role will act as the Chair of the National Association of Youth Bowling Cubs, developing and reviewing on an ongoing basis, future strategies for the well-being of all aspects of youth bowling. Specific duties will include;
- Own a growth strategy for youth bowling with regular liaison with the Executive, both for existing clubs and development of new clubs, throughout the country with emphasis on increasing participation at all levels and nurturing the very young ‘new to bowling’
- Produce and maintain a guidance pack for Youth Bowling Clubs, and to hold regional forums to help and listen to all YBC’s
- Ensuring a high standard of ‘safeguarding’ provision supported by robust Child Protection procedures
- As a member of the BTBA national council ensure a close liaison including monthly reporting.
- Support the NAYBC Tournament Manager to deliver competitive junior bowling tours.
- Work to recreate with the Committee for U25 and BUTBA to ensure continuity for existing members and opportunities for prospective members
- Act as effective ‘Chair’ for all NAYBC meetings ensuring that actions are followed up and all minutes are accurately recorded
- Liaison with Coaching to deliver a plan for schools, and growth of the sport.
- Ensure sound financial management and probity of NAYBC budget and develop annual financial plan
- Support fund raising initiatives
The closing date for applications is 27th August 2018.